Covering Cheshire and Merseyside
Specialist Services Location


Cheshire and Merseyside Eating Disorder ServiceCheshire and Merseyside Adolescent Eating Disorder Service

Who we are:-

CHEDS is the Cheshire and Merseyside Adolescent Eating Disorder Service. We are part of the specialist CAMH services provided by CWP and work closely with CAMHS, the Adolescent Inpatient Services and the Home-Based Treatment Team, in providing focused interventions and support for young people with a broad range of complex eating disorders.

Who we help:-

The service works with young people who have a broad range of complex eating disorders, are aged 13-18 and live in the Cheshire and Greater Merseyside area.

What we do:-

CHEDS provides out-patient and day-patient services, as well as inpatient accommodation at CWP’s Young People’s Centre if required. The service includes a range of treatments and therapeutic practices, tailored to the needs of each individual. A package of therapeutic work is also available to the wider family, including family therapy and parental work to increase family member’s confidence and skill in managing the eating disorder at home. Twice a year we also run a week long focused workshop for up to five young people and their families to provide intensive support, boost understanding of the disorder, and increase confidence and coping skills.

The service also works closely with other healthcare professionals, to provide advice and guidance on the needs and care requirements of young people with complex eating disorders.

How are Services accessed:-

CHEDS only accepts referrals from Tier 3 CAMHS.

Your G.P. or paediatrician can refer to Tier 3 CAMHS in your local area.  After assessment, if it is felt our service would be helpful then a referral can be completed by the relevant CAMHS clinician.

If you have any questions about our services, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Please note that we are not an emergency service; if you need help urgently you must contact your doctor’s surgery or visit the Accident & Emergency department of your local hospital. (If you are already working with CAMHS, you can contact your local centre 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday; otherwise contact your doctor’s surgery or A&E).